Health Care for Every Community
We are a group of physicians at Brigham and Women’s Hospital who have a vision for the future of health care— one that is inclusive, accessible and just for all. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices and to rooting out biases that affect health care outcomes through education and reform efforts. We’re excited to bring you new programs that make community interaction with health care providers the bedrock of care.
The mission of the Department of Emergency Medicine, Office of IDEaS, at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is to create a racially diverse and inspired department with the purpose of all members achieving their greatest potential for the benefits of the community we serve.
The Office of IDEaS has been established to create a safe and respectful home for all employees, to advance racial, ethnic, gender, and religious diversity with a focus on Under-Represented in Medicine (URiM). The Office will focus on mechanisms to support and develop an engaged and empowered staff that is committed to recruiting and promoting a diverse faculty, residents, and staff. Through strategic initiatives, partnerships, innovation, education, and public health policy, the office aspires to be a transformational force in building a culture of racial diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
Our Core Values
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
Mentorship and sponsorship
Emotional and wellness support
Innovation and scholarly activity
Pipeline programs with local schools
Professional and personal development
Service to our local and national community
Collaboration and expansion with new and existing schools
National and international leadership
Mission Areas and Strategic Initiatives
- Recruit and retain Under-Represented in Medicine (URiM) senior faculty
- Promote diversity in our faculty, residents, and staff
- Collaborate with internal department staff, Brigham Health Center for Diversity and Inclusion, and Brigham Health Diversity Task force to develop an inclusive culture through our department and throughout Brigham Health
- Identify and implement programs for health equity for our patients
- Collaborate with key influencers locally and nationally to impact social justice and policy for racially disadvantaged and minority population